I am 43. I have had many different jobs and even careers since I started working. I remember as a child someone telling me that people were going to be expected to go through 4-10 career changes in their lifetimes. I didn’t understand it then, but I understand it now.
- Crafty entrepreneur making and selling pot-pourri rings
- Babysitter (with business cards even!)
- Zellers bagging clerk
- Drycleaner’s minion
- Grocery store clerk
- Jewellery business owner
- Computer designer and network consultant
- Massage therapist
- Home alarm security specialist sales agent
- Alarm installer
- International sales trainer
- Future Shop computer sales geek
- Food packing plant first aid attendant
- Gel nail artist
- EMR … EMT…. and most recently for the past decade + Paramedic.
This doesn’t even include being a Mom!
Now, I am entering the writing phase of my career while I still practice being a Death Fighter. (Fire fighter, crime fighter….Paramedics should be called death fighters, not Ambulance drivers !!!)
The launching of this site now has me learning a whole new language and feeling like a technosaur. I am hoping my friend Dara who was the tipping point is able to survive the onslaught of questions as I fumble my way through this.
I have had a very productive personal day, and I am physically spent, but still am unwilling to go to bed as I try and circumnavigate the behind the scenes of this webpage so I may put my thoughts out there for the world.
Like I said before, the journey is in the doing. Ready, fire, aim.